What is Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing?
Everyone is familiar with Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines. What many people do not know is how Search Engines choose the results that that is displayed on the Search Engine Ranking Page (SERP).
Search engines try to select the most relevant and accurate information for the user. It is a search engines (also known as a spider or crawler) job to continuously crawl the Internet and index every single page. Then it gives the user a Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) based on the search term they choose. Indexing and organizing every page on the Internet takes an inconceivable amount of extremely complex algorithms.
This is where a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services company and Search Engine Marketing Firm (SEM) like Morditech.com comes in. It is our job to make sure EVERY ASPECT of our clients websites is optimized for the keywords and key phrases specific to the client’s website.
- Most importantly the Content of the website which should always be well written, original and keyword rich. Much of an SEO’s job is Keyword research.
- The website code which is called ‘On-page SEO’ due to the fact that these changes are implemented on the client’s website.
- Outbound Links and Internal links from one page within the website to another. This is also considered On-page SEO.
- Social Media such as Facebook.com, Google Plus, Blogger.com, Tumblr.com ,Twitter.com, Pinterest.com, etc. This practice is called ‘Offsite SEO’ or ‘Search Engine Marketing’ (SEM).
- Analytics of the website. This is the backbone of SEO. This gives the SEO all of the data and details regarding the website, visitors, traffic, Ecommerce Conversions, transactions, SEO progress etc.
The job of the SEO & SEM is to implement the best practices recommended to them by the search engine companies. This practice is known as ‘White Hat’ SEO. Using White Hat SEO practices allows for the Search Engine to index the website properly and will in turn place the website in the first 10 results of the Search Engine Ranking Pages.
In summary, Search Engine Optimization companies such as Morditech.com will make their client’s website more attractive to search engines and will in turn attract more visitors to their website.